Having thoracic spine pain and pots. X-ray showed spine slightly out of line. Spinal tumor?

I have thorasic spine pain. for the past 4 years. lately it has gotten worse. my CBC BMP labs are all normal, I even saw a Chiropracter who did Xrays- and didn't mention much other than my spine is slightly out of line in that area, he even showed me the xrays and didint seem to concerned. when given a massage people have told me I have knots on the left side of my spine. The pain is about where the bra strap is. I am concerned of a spinal tumor/cancer. As right now I have POTS *postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome* that started in november after a premature birth. I saw a neuromuscular doctor- who is looking into small fiber neuropathy, I mentioned the spine pain and he kind of shugged it off his shoulders. I have had normal CBC BMP labs normal calcium total protien, things of that sort. no abnormal renal function, creatinine, BUN normal, -basically no abnormal labs. I have even had a CK , triponin done because of chest pain. my muscles are more fatigued but they say that is from the POTS, so my question is should I be concerned about the spine pain? it hurts MORE when pushed directly on the spine and it hurts to the left of the spine where the muscles are. I am a nurse, (I lift) and I was a gymnast for 18 years . I am a 26 year old female with no medical hx other than a premature birth. the pain is worse with certain movements, and when forced -(massaged or poked in the area that hurts). I have had also a negetive MRI brain. Negetive CT angio gram negetive colonoscopy and EGD (all done bc of the POTS) many negetive urines.
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 28 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I have noted your complaints

Before I respond to your query, I will like to inform you that the causes of back pain could be due to muscle spasm, poor posture, diseases of spine like infection, tuberculosis, cancer and so on. The presence of associated complaints like fever, vomiting, hand/leg pain, weakness of hands/legs etc will guide us narrow down the possibility.

Let me tell you that you don't have anything serious in nature. Based upon the limited data, that you have you have provided, I feel that you have mechanical spine pain and it will improve with physiotherapy. The very fact that your X XXXXXXX and MRI show are normal, point towards non-serious nature of the problem.

I will advise you to go for physiotherapy and simple analgesics and wait for about 2 weeks time. If the pain persists, you may get evaluated by a neurologist.

I hope that I have clarified your query; Kindly get back to me if you have any further questions

Best wishes
Follow-up: Having thoracic spine pain and pots. X-ray showed spine slightly out of line. Spinal tumor? 10 hours later
I do not have a fevor. Nor do I have leg weakness (the neuro muscular doctor did a thorough neurological exam on me) and stated there is no weakness. *I thought weakness was fatigue but I guess not / i get achyness alot in my arm, including my left arm. *dominent arm, at times, but its not a weakness and it doesnt hurt just aches. and the spine pain is way below my shoulders. - having the POTs its hard to differenciate my symptoms compared to other underlying symptoms. But I guess is the neuro-muscular did a full exam *meaning he watched me walk , walk on heels on toes hit me knees for reflexes and my wrists for reflexes looked into my eyes with some kind of light . then he looked at my arm and leg muscles. used some kind of viberating thing on my leg. asked me things like how my swallowing was - he didnt seem concerned about the back pain but didnt look at my back.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

Your examinations seems normal. I wouldn't worry since the neuro did not find any neurological deficits.
Please do continue physiotherapy. You will be improving fast.

Best wishes