Having stomach pain, cramping & vomiting. Is it stress disorder?

My girlfriend has stomach pains, cramping & vomiting. she tells me it is a stress disorder but i would love to know how to settle down the vomiting. This all came on last night after hearing someone (boss) talk to her strongly (firmly)she came home & within 30mins was all cramped up and vomiting.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 25 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your concern.

Your history suggests that she may have had a recent stomach infection, which might have caused vomiting. Sometimes stress can also leads to such symptoms.

It is important get it examined by your family physician before taking any medication. Vomiting and stomach cramps, as I said, can be due to various reasons. The cause needs to be identified for a proper treatment.

Treatment with antiemetics and antispasmodic medications can be relieving. So, get to your doctor to rule out other causes.

Hope it helps.