Having soreness in placed on face. Causing eyelid to swell. Had Shingles. Having headache and swelling. Remedy?

I have some sores on my face in a couple of places but have one sore by my eye adjacent to my eyebrow, I only had a sore on the right side yesterday, that is causing my eyelid to swell. I have had shingles in the past and thought it might be the start of that again but Woke up this morning with a sore on the other side in almost the same exact place and a headache, still have sore and swelling on the other side. Swelling started on eyelid but, has since moved to my the rest of my right side of face, swelling is not major, but noticable. I know shingles is only on one side what could it be?
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 45 minutes later

If the sore is over the eye brow with small blister/pustule most likely an infection of the hair follicle. The others are fever blister or cold sore. You can apply hot fomentation (pressing cloth dried after squeezing off the hot water) four to five times a day.

If it is increasing in size the next day you can try over the counter (OTC) antibacterial cream available at the pharmacy. It is better to approach the pharmacist who can guide the right one. Further you can use Abreva cream over the blister as well. For the swelling take over the counter ADVIL tablet, twice a day for two days.

It does not sound like Herpes as it starts with rash.

Hope this helps.