Taking Lysine for cold sore. Now white spots on lips. Spreading cold sore?

I have had a cold sore for a few days. Its healing as I m taking Lysine and also abreva cream. I have noticed that I now have a few small flat white spots/on my upper lips. It looks like Fordyce spots but I have never had this before. Could this just be the cold sore spreading? In the last couple of weeks I havent been drinking as much water as I should/used to(which I m sure caused the cold sore) but could this cause the white spots also?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012