Having sore wrist. Suggested as tendon damaged. Missed when injecting meth. Suggest

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i missed when injecting meth, now have sore wrist its been four weeks, think i hit the muscle. wrist is in brace but doesnt seem to be getting better. im worried that it will continue to get worse and i dont know whats wrong. docter thinks my tendon is damaged
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The persistent pain in the wrist for last 4 weeks is likely to be due to a tendon damage. If there is no muscle weakness or difficulty in moving the fingers then a nerve damage is not likely.
The tendon injury may take 6 weeks to heal with proper rest. In case there is a visible swelling in the area or a persistent sharp pain the do consult your orthopedician and get an MRI scan done to detect the soft tissue damage that you have suffered.
Continue using the brace and take mild anti inflammatory medicines for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.