Having sinus infection. Prescribed suprax. Feeling headache, dizziness and double vision. What is causing this?

I was diagnosed with a sinus infection on Monday. The Dr prescribed me suprax. Today im still haveing symptoms. Headache behind the eyes, dizziness, and double vision. These symptoms get worse whn i move around. I have no congestion. Any help on how long till this should go away? and do these symptoms come from a sinus infection? Im going nuts here
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
First of all what is responsible for sinusitis should be know and that should be addressed.
Sinus infection may be caused by anything that interferes with airflow into the sinuses and the drainage of mucus out of the sinuses. The sinus openings may be blocked by swelling of the tissue lining and adjacent nasal passage tissue, for example with common colds, allergies, and tissue irritants such as OTC nasal sprays, cocaine, and cigarette smoke.
If it is caused by viruses no antibiotic is required only symptomatic treatment is enough, as most of them are self limiting and resolve in week or so.
Taking decongestants (pseudoephedrine) and mucolytics (guaifenesin) orally may be helpful in assisting drainage of sinus infection. Along with this i advice you to do a steam inhalation it will be helpful. You can use Karval plus into the water which is used for steam inhalation.
I advice you to follow the conservative approach first, if it fails you need to see ENT specialist for thorough examination.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Having sinus infection. Prescribed suprax. Feeling headache, dizziness and double vision. What is causing this? 1 hour later
What about the dizziness and double vision is that normal? And how long does that last?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Good to hear from you.

These symptoms do occur with the sinusitis, as the sinusitis is resolved these symptoms will vanish. I advice you to follow the conservative approach, you will be fine in a week.

If the symptoms severity increases or if it persist more than a week i advice you to see ENT specialist for examination.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.