Having sharp pain in ovary. What's wrong?

painI am having very Sharp pain by my left ovary what could be wrong
Posted Thu, 10 Jan 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
A very sharp pain in the area of left ovary could be due to one of the following conditions:-

1. Endometriosis, ovulatory pain, Ectopic pregnancy.
2. Ovarian cyst with or without rupture or torsion, pelvic inflammatory disease.
3. Any pelvic infection related to the intestines or colon (Enteritis Or Colitis).

You might benefit by visiting the Emergency Room so that you can be evaluated with a panel of blood tests and a ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis OR a CT scan to diagnose the underlying condition and initiate necessary interventions for proper treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Having sharp pain in ovary. What's wrong? 36 hours later
the pain has now moved to the lower part of my stomach like I had another c-section
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The pain you have can be due to any of the above mentioned causes. It is best to attend an ER and get yourself properly evaluated.
If it is mild in nature then you may try an over the counter antispasmodic for relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.