Having seborrheic dermatitis, treated with steroids with no cure. Dry skin on eyebrows, red rashes on face. Cure ?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, My name is XXXXXXX and i am 32 years old married person.
I am suffering from seborrheic dermatitis from 2 years long and for two years long i have treated with Steroids with no major cure. The major symptoms are white white dry skin on my eyebrows , scalp and reddish rashes on face.
Kindly let me know how can i get rid of the disease.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 36 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

Seborrhic Dermatitis is a chronic condition and it increases in winters and decreases in summers.
The treatment for same involves treating it with oral itraconazole under the guidance of a qualified dermatologist.

Topical steroids only give symptomatic relief and the condition comes back after stopping the treatment.

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Having seborrheic dermatitis, treated with steroids with no cure. Dry skin on eyebrows, red rashes on face. Cure ? 46 hours later
I am suffering from seborrheic dermatitis for long i have treated with Steroids with no major cure. The major symptoms are white dry skin on my eyebrows , scalp and reddish rashes on face with white flakes coming out of it so plz suggest some cream steroid free to apply on my face and some shampoo for the same.(steroid free).

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for your repeat query.

Topical creams only give symptomatic relief and steroidal creams are used to give quick relief.

Calcineurin inhibitors like tacrolimus or pimecrolimus are used as steroidal sparing agent but the cure comes only with oral medication.

Dr.Rohit Batra