Having recurring chest pain. How to get relief?

I'm and having chest pains tht fluctuate from the right to left side primarily on the right that have been reoccurring for over a week now need to know if its ok
Posted Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Chest pain radiating from right to left side may occur in several conditions. I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
•     Muscle spasm due to: dehydration, bad posture or exertion.
•     Anxiety and stress: In presence of anxiety and stress chest pain can occur due to muscle spasm. Relaxation exercise will help in that.
•     Inflammation of bone, muscle or cartilage in that area
•     Acid reflux: may present as chest pain several times.
•     Cardiac illness: although chances are less considering your age, but it is better to rule out by examination by by physician and EKG.

Following measures will help you in recovery:
•     Rest and massage to affected area.
•     Physiotherapy is useful if distress is much.
•     Pain killers with muscle relaxant property or analgesics will be helpful.
•     Get examined and investigated by physician to rule out narrow down above possibilities.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Dr Ashish XXXXXXX Mittal
Follow-up: Having recurring chest pain. How to get relief? 12 hours later
The pain is in my arms both left and right forearm and middle back also and I don't k ow if this is related to it but I have been having problems eating as well either no appetite or I try to eat and it seems like it wants to come back up, thank you for your help
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 7 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

From your symptoms there is need to find out cause of your suffering, which need evaluation and lab test.

With this further information possibilities will remain same. But we have to focus more to search for gastric problem, anxiety and cardiac problem.

Till that time follow above steps. You can also try antacids for symptomatic relief.

Wish you good health.