Having rashes on abdomen, diarrhoea after gall bladder removal. Should I seek medical attention?

I had my gallbadder removed 1 week ago and I am having a rash on my abdomen, sweating and diarhea. Should I seek medical attention?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes you should Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. You had your gall bladder removed last week and after the ssurgery surely you might have been started ona broad spectrum antibiotic for prophylaxis against infection. Now this antibiotic destroys the normal flora of the gut as well and this leads to diarrhoea. The dehydration leads to sweating and inflamatory mediators released lead to the rash. The diarrhoea mostly stops after stoppage of antibiotic. So there is nonneed to panic. But still to be on safe side you should bring this new development to the notice of your treating surgeon. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.