Having pus cells in urine analysis. Should I go for urine culture test?

Recently I had urine analysis to check for infection i am 38 years old I have albumin nil, sugar nil, pus cells 3-4 HPF ,epithelial cells 2-3 RBC -nil casts -nil Crystals nil others nil others nil should I go for urine culter test I have done ultra sound whole abdomen things are normal
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: No infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Your urine test is normal, it is normal to have up to 5 pus cells in men. There is no indication for you to give a urine culture test, it will come back as no growth. Continue taking your anti hypertensive drugs. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me. I wish you good health Regards
Follow-up: Having pus cells in urine analysis. Should I go for urine culture test? 35 minutes later
drinking lots of water prevents infection and urinary problems can I drink 3 liters a day
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Drink lots of water Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the reply Yes drinking lots of water helps prevent urinary tract infections , helps to detox your system and prevents kidney stones. You should drink 3 litres of water per day. You must also develop a habit of voiding urine after sexual intercourse and maintain good personal hygiene by retracting your foreskin and cleaning it well daily, this also prevents urinary tract infection However I must add that males less frequently get urinary tract infections. Patients who have diabetes and prostate enlargement are more prone for urinary tract infections I hope I was of help Regards