Having problems controlling or putting weight on leg after sitting. What could be the cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having problems controlling or putting weight on my legs after an hour or more of sitting. I can take a step or two
then I seem unable to move the leg or bear any weight. I just got out of my halfway to my door and ended up on the ground. What is causing this? I am male and 60 yre old.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 59 minutes later
The weakness in the legs that you are feeling after sitting is likely to be due to a mild spine. This is related to the degenerative changes in the spine.
It is best to get an MRI scan of the spine one under the guidance of your orthopedician for proper diagnosis. You can also start with methylcobalamin supplements and back strengthening exercises under the guidance of a physiotherapist till then for symptomatic relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.