Having problem of less facial hair and high DHT level shown in hormone test. Suggest the cure

Dermatologist
Question
Hi sir, i am facing problem of less facial hair. I concerned with endocrinologist for check of Hormonal imbalance but it was said my tests are normal but DHT level was high and doctor recommend me for the intake protinex with milk which leads to healthy hair. But i believe there is some other problem, according to my internet research High DHT level led follicles roots are inactive means roots does not detects presence of Hormone in Blood.
Here is DHT and Testosterone test result----
DHT- Above 2500
Testosterone - 5.25 ng/ML

Please sir suggest me cure...and on this website http://rogainefacialhair.com/ it seems to me a Plausible but i doubt....sir do you suggest me to use Cipla Tugain (Minoxidil content) for facial hair or FDA approved Rogaine.
I will be thankful to you.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Your hormone levels are fine but the hair follicles are not responding to that.
This type of condition is called as testosterone insensitivity syndrome.

I would like to know whether you have normal axillary and pubic hair or even these are less.

If possible attach a photograph of your facial axillary and pubic hairs.
It is important to see whether they are vellus or terminal hair.

Rogaine and tugain both are same thing but I doubt its efficacy in your condition.
Waiting for your response.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you

Follow-up: Having problem of less facial hair and high DHT level shown in hormone test. Suggest the cure 8 hours later
Thanks for your response sir,

Yes sir i wanted to clear you that, pubic hair growth is good and its terminal hair.
But if i talk about axillary hair (Underarm) its growth is as like pubic hair, but its not dense (Estimation-->2-3 hairs/centimeter square) so if seen from farther distance its not going to be visible. And i am uploading photograph of facial hair pattern. Also no hair on chest.

In addition to it i would like to tell you that my Father had a very good facial hair, infact my younger brother has good terminus hair of mustache at the age of 16. Its only for me my facial hair is very less in our whole family.

Other details--
My voice is normal male voice.
And have normal genital development and every things are fine.
Please check photographs....

I have another doubt related to very high DHT level, is there any effect of it on my this problem or any other consequences of it ??
Thanks in advance.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up and photographs.
If all other parameters are normal.
Testosterone insensitivity may not be the cause.

I think you should get a biopsy done to locate the exact cause.
Also you can start applying tugain.

Dont worry about DHT.
Actually DHT is the active form of testosterone.
High DHT is not a matter of concern.

Thank you

Follow-up: Having problem of less facial hair and high DHT level shown in hormone test. Suggest the cure 47 hours later
Thanks a lot for the advice sir and so i am grateful to you.....but at last i needed your favor regarding a web link of delhi based doctor claiming for the cure of this problem....please sir check out this link and advice me how better it would be, if i concern Dr XXXXXXX on this----> WWW.WWWW.WW

As i am little afraid whether to concern Dr XXXXXXX or not due to lack of knowledge about their work/job and their famousness.

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up and sorry for replying late.
I checked the link sent by you.
I dont think He can do anything.
I advice you that once you can visit this doctor and ask him the modality of treatment and get back to me.
I can help you by explaining the facts.
Thank you