Having painful white bump on nipple. How to get relief?

I have a white bump on my left nipple (right on the tip), there is pain. 42 year old male.
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
A painful bump on the nipple is likely to be due to a blocked gland on the nipple. Most of the times such superficial infections are self limiting and do subside on their own in 7-10 days.
You can do a hot fomentation n the area and take a mild pain killer orally for symptomatic relief. You can try to eliminate the soreness by wearing light cotton clothes that will not rub against your nipples. Apply a lubricant like baby oil or any moisturizer over the nipples.
In case the bump increases in size or is associated with a discharge or retraction of nipple then systemic antibiotics and further treatment will be needed after consulting your physician.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.