Ask a Urologist   »  

Having pain while urination, abdominal pain, nausea, body ache. Had sex. Is it the reason?

I woke up Thursday night, and felt yucky- my whole body kind of aches.My back kind of hurt where my Kidney is on th eright side. But now(on Sunday eve) my whole side hurts.I feel nausious when I wake up in the am- or when I haven't eaten for awhile. My head hurts too. I have to pee all the time. I haven't been able to sleep due to pain and peeing. I was also on my honeymoon from Feb 28th, 2013 to March 1st, 2013. The pain hurts worse today then it did. I thought it was due to my 'honeymoon activities'.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 minutes later
Dear Madam,

You seem to be having urinary tract infection probably secondary to sexual intercourse. You need to get yourself examined with ultrasound, urinalysis and urine culture. You also need to start yourself on antibiotics under the care of your physician.

Rajiv Goel