Having pain in the inner thigh and also in groin area. Tried stretching excercises. What can be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dear doctor ,

I'm having slight pain in my left inner thigh. The pain is not intense n random. Sometimes I can Oso feel random tinge of pain in the left groin area. The left hip area aches too. Basically the pain at these area comes on n off n doesn't seemed to be connected .

I have a frequency of laying one sided.meaning supported with my elbow with weight concentrated on the left buttocks hip area.
I tried stretching excercises, only to make worse. May I know what causes this n wat can I do about it
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
I have studied your case.

Your symptoms suggest that there is involvement of you hip joint.
If you can provide more details about your symptoms, I will be better able to help you, like are you having pain during rest also, numbness in legs. Pain is aggravated on exertion.
In your history, I would like to know, any chronic illness. Steroid intake for any disorder? Alcohol intake?

Another possibility of, that you are having nerve impingement. Our spine has multiple nerves, which are supplying our whole body, due to disc bulge these nerves are compressed and leads pain, and spasm. Other causes are also possible, which include muscle sprain occurring due to exertional activity. So if possible, you consult an orthopedic surgeon for clinical examination.

When patient like you come to our clinic we advise X XXXXXXX Hip and spine and if required MRI. You will probably need painkiller and muscle relaxant.
It can be avascular necrosis or arthritis too.

Hope I have answered your query, let me know if I can assist you further.