Having pain in the breast. Worried about cancer?

Hi i m 33 years old woman having 2 years old baby . Suddenly since 3 weeks i felt pain on the side of my left breast .i didnt want to go to a doctor because i hesitate to go to doctor that what will happen if he will say its a cancer. i never go to doctors because i even used to prefer rest if i felt any kind of health problems and i use home remedies and feel better. but now it seems that needles are piercing my sides of left breast the whole day and sometimes for 2 to 4 days there is no pain .please help me.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
First of all let me tell you very clearly that breast cancer causes pain in your breasts very rarely. So you just shed this fear from your mind.
To understand your problem better, I would want to have some information from you.
Is this pain on your breast or away from your breast?
Does this pain have any connection with your periods?
Is there any discharge from your nipple?
Is there any sweating or palpitations associated with pain?
Is this pain aggravated by any movement of your arm?
Is there any particular activity, which causes this pain?
Do you have any acidity problem?
Any other problem associated with this pain?
Have you ever manually examined your breast yourself and do you find any lump there?
Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Having pain in the breast. Worried about cancer? 1 hour later
The pain is neither on the breast nor away from the breast but i feel pain only on the left sides near the ribs of the left breast. there is no problem relating to your other questions.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Thanks for the answer.
Your reply suggests that this pain is in left dpside of chest wall under your rib cage.
Since there are various organs lying beneath this area,there can be various causes for it.
You have part of colon,liver,stomach,spleen,pancreas,kidney and off course your muscles and ribs.
These organs generally have different symptoms like nausea,vomiting,bloating,cramps,irregular bowel movements,urinary complaints etc.
But since you are not having any symptom besides some pain,it gives an indication that it is due to some muscular inflammation or injury.Treatment involves finding the cause and then treating accordingly.
In my opinion,you may take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for 5 to 6 days and take proper rest and not try to lift weight and see the response.
If your symptoms dont improve,then it would be best to consult a doctor and get examined and investigated.
It doesn't appear to be even a cardiac problem.