Having pain in hip. How to diagnose my problem?

I am having significant left hip pain. I noticed that using left arm makes it worse. I haf fusion in L2-3 april 2010. I am seeing a pain mgr dr per my surgeon but referal was for neck to avoid quad fision on neck. My primary also made referal for arthritc pain. Only test he did was inconclusive blood work.
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 30 minutes later

Thanks for thr query,

You need a detailed examination to find out the exsact source of pain and referred pain. You require an either Xray of the hip or MRI to clarfy the diagnosis so that treatment becomes easy.

I urge you to get evaluated by a local physician

Hope this helps
Please feel free and get back to me in case you have any concern
Best wishes