Having pain in heels. Feels like stone. Cause?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I HAVE PAIN IN MY HEELS PARTICULARLY MY R HEEL. At times it feels like a stone bruise. It hurts on both sides of my heel and the bottom but not across the sole. WHen I sit on my legs under me it also begins to hurt. I can do stretches with some relief. I was thinking plantar fascitus but Im not sure. I am constantly changing shoes to relief the discomfort. WHat do you think? I do have high arches and try to buy appropriate shoes for my activities.
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

You are thinking right, it seems to be planter fasciitis. It is common in people with high arches.
I suggest you to continue stretching exercises. Wear shoes with good cushioning. Do contrast foot bath (dip your foot in warm and cold water alternatievly). Take antiinflammatory drug like ibuprofen as and when required to reduce pain and inflammation.

Hope this will help you. Let me know if you have any more concern.
Please accept my answer if you have further query.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Dr Saurabh XXXXXXX
Orthopaedic Surgeon.