Having pain in breast and arm. ECG showed clear. Feeling light-headed and pain in wrist and armpit. Any ideas?

Excellent

Question
I been have pain in my left breast and arm!! Had an ECG and nothing now I'm feeling lightheaded and pain in my left wrist and armpit!!
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.

Good to know that your ECG is normal. In view of the normal ECG, other possibilities I can think of are :
1.Breast tenderness related to periods (pre menstrual breast tenderness)
2.Fibroadenoma /cyst in the breast
3.Gastritis/GERD .

You could try over the counter pain medications like paracetamol etc.

Also it would be wise to get your blood pressure, blood sugars , hemoglobin , thyroid function and fasting lipid profile test done.

I would advise you to visit your physician and get a breast examination and relevant investigations done.

Hope this helps.

In case you don't have any further queries, kindly accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan

Follow-up: Having pain in breast and arm. ECG showed clear. Feeling light-headed and pain in wrist and armpit. Any ideas? 1 hour later
I have had all the blood test done. They are all normal! Thanks for the advice will c the doctor today!!:-)

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXX

You are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan