Having pain at lower back and hip portion after caesarean operation. Can it be completely cured?

Hi ,I am XXXXXX. Last May,2012 my wife has undergone a cesarean operation having insection on her spinal cord. Baby is ok but afterwards my wife is often suffering from severe pain at her lower back and hip portion at an interval of 15-20 days. When pain occurs she has little relief by using hot water bags. She has no past history of such kind of problem. Why does this problem happen ? What is solution of the problem? Can it be completely cured?
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Such types of lower backaches are quite common after spinal anesthesia but seldom lasts more than a week or 10 days.
However some times the pain may get extended for many weeks but rarely it extends for many months or years.
The treatment consists of 
Anti inflammatory pain relievers like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for 5 to 7 days
Local ice or heat
Massage and rest.

If the treatment fails to bring relief,then you should consult a doctor and get the required investigations like x-ray or MRI spine done to rule out any particular cause.
Don't worry,she will be alright with proper management.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck