Having pain and yellow discharge from anus. Suffered problems with back and pressure on rectum. Guide?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
Hi, I am having pain and brown yellow discharge from my anus, what is this?
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Pain in anus associated with brown yellow discharge from the anus may be due to presence of infection in that area.

Abscess in the rectum or anal region will present similar complaints of pain and discharge from anus.

Some times abscesses in the surrounding area of rectum such as ischiorectal fossa will rupture into anal or rectal region leading to discharge from the anus.

Local examination including the rectum by the doctor is important to know the cause for pain and the discharge.

Hence I advise you to consult the doctor for the examination and further evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.