Having lower back pain. Suggest?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My lower back pain
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 23 minutes later
Common causes of low back pain are Poor postural habits, Muscular strain, Ligaments sprain, Herniated disc, Spinal stenosis, Osteoporosis, Fibromyalgia.
To allow me to help you better, please let me know if you also have any of the following complaints:
- Pain radiating to lower limbs
- Parasthesia and numbness in lower limb
- Weakness in lower limbs
- Back pain develops after lifting heavy weight or strenuous activity
- Pain associated with stiffness in your back
- Pain aggravated on forward bending
- Pain in other joints
Also let me know duration of pain (from how long you are suffering from this pain)
Awaiting your rely....
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Follow-up: Having lower back pain. Suggest? 10 minutes later
My last X-ray said the L5-S1 disc norrowed
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You seem to have a prolapsed inter vertebral disc, rightly at L5S1 region. This disc may be compressing upon a nerve root that either exits or traverses through that level. Having known this basic anatomy, you must avoid any activity that aggravates the condition, like bending forward and lifting heavy objects, sitting long hours on computer, inappropriate sitting position.

The medications will relieve pain and help muscles to relax. Physiotherapy shall also help a lot, especially exercises that strengthen your back. Kindly note that exercises should only be done when it doesn't hurt. Adequate rest and proper nutrition is equally important. Drink lots of fluids since dehydration affects the disc.

May be its time you need an MRI done to have a diagnosis established. With that one can formulate a definitive treatment plan.

Hope this will helps you.