Having little tingling sensation in the foot. Should I go and see a doctor?

I still have a little tingling sensation in the foot. I can feel it when I go to bed. It is just a little sensation. But when I feel it , I am not feeling good.
Should I go and see a doctor ?
In two days, I have a very important meeting. It makes me a little nervous.
I have read an article on how stress can have an impact on your health
How can I manage with intelligence these two stress factors in order to accomplish my goals ?

Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 44 hours later

I see you have anxiety and stress issues and these can cause number or health impacts including tingling sensation. However before we directly attribute this to stress we need to rule out physical causes.

At the age of 45, few medical conditions which are closely associated with tingling feet are:
1. Diabetic neuropathy
2. Vitamin deficiency especially Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D
3. Thyroid disorders
4. Neurovascular compression - pinched nerves; vascular occlusions and so on.
A few investigations such as blood sugar, vitamin (B12 / D) assays, thyroid profile and Doppler study of blood vessels are entailed to rule the aforementioned physical disorders.

Therefore, yes, you will need to see a competent general physician to streamline the battery of test.

Regarding your second concern, nervousness is associated with any major events. That's common and can be attributed to flight, fight and fright response of body. Preparing well and rehearsing in front of friends and family can be helpful in such cases. Repeating the event in front of a known crowd will help your body and body response to cope up with such events. That would reduce the nervousness too.

In addition, transcendental meditation, yoga, physical exercise, slow breathing exercise, plenty of fluid intake and adequate sleep are other form of practices useful in combating stress such as the ones you have.

Hope this message is both useful and helpful to you. We can discuss further if you need clarifications.

Best wishes