Having left shoulder region pain, muscle tightness and numbness. MRI showed left paracentral disc protrusion. Suggest

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I have been having left shoulder region pain, muscle tightness and left arm numbness down to my thumb. Some ?buzzing in my left arm with a feeling of weakness/heaviness. MRI cervical showed 1.C34 left paracentral disc protrusion and annular fussure producing mild to moderate spinal stenosis.2. C45 broad based disc protusion annual fissure producing mild to moderate spinal stenosis.3. C56 broad based predominantly left posterlateral disc protrusion and annular fissure which deforms the left/anterior aspect of the cord producing moderate to severe spinal stenosis and severe left forminal stenosis.C67 left paracentral disc protrusion and annual fissue producing mild to moderate spinal stenosis and mild left forminal stenosis. I have been treating for bladder and rare bowel incontience for months could this all be related?
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Brain Tumor
Follow-up: Having left shoulder region pain, muscle tightness and numbness. MRI showed left paracentral disc protrusion. Suggest 16 minutes later
I forgot to add the findings vs impression. C56 there is a 4-5 mm left posterolateral broad based disc protusion and annular fissure with partial corresponding endplate osteophyte which deforms the left anterior aspect of the cord producing moderate to severe spinal stenosis,left lateral recess stenosis and severe left forminal stenosis with displacement of the left C6 nerve root. AP diameter of the thecal sac measures 5-6mm.

Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 4 hours later

I have gone through your medical history in detail.

As per history you are probably suffering from cervical spondylotic radiculo/myelopathy
with occasional bladder /bowel symptoms

I suggest the following

1 . bladder/bowel symptoms may or may not be related to cervical pathology (the above problem you described). You need a complete examination by a physician to rule out any local cause for irritable bowel & bladder .

2. I suggest to continue medicines with analgesics (pain releivers) , muscle relaxants, physiotherapy etc to get symptomatic relief.

3. If symptoms progress or further neurological deterioration on follow up with your physician you can opt for surgical decompression surgery by a Neurosurgeon.

Hope this answers all your queries, let me know further clarification.

Dr Praveen k XXXXXXX XXXXXXX consultant neurosurgeon