Having itchy vagina and noticed bumps. Tested high ph levels. Could it be STD or herpes?

my vagina through to my anus is really itchy, i was at an obgyn for a full check up about 2 months ago and he mentioned i had high ph levels. i noticed a few little bumps but am not sure if that could be from waxing, skin is starting to peel and im very agitated in that area, what could it be??? I was worried it could be an std or herpes but was checked out recently, with the same partner for a couple years now.
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

I would like to know some more details on your problem to understand the condition better and opine specifically.

Do you see any colour change in the skin involved ?
Do you have any fouls smelling discharge per vaginum ?
Have you tried any medication for the problem ?
Are you on any long term medications ?
Is the itching spreading of is localized since its appearance ?

Waiting or your reply,
Follow-up: Having itchy vagina and noticed bumps. Tested high ph levels. Could it be STD or herpes? 8 hours later
No to all the following. I was on antibiodics for my acne about 2 months ago. I did use a hydroquartezone cream quite some time ago.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

Thanks for the information.

The condition you have could not be a STD , need not worry.

Based on the symptoms and the site of involvement It could probably be a fungal infection which could be secondary to the Waxing procedure you had.Also a high Ph in vagina can favor the infection to spread to the vagina too.

Applying a steroid cream like Hydrocortisone will cause flare in the infection and worsen it.Do stop it soon if you are still applying.

Do apply Micanazole Ointment over the affected parts twice daily and if the itching is more you can take an antihistamine like Tab Benadryl once in the night for not more than 5 days.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.