Having irregular periods. Scan report shows indentation in the endometrium fundal region of uterus. Meaning?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hi sir,
My wife has irregular periods.When we consulted doctor, when she uses medicine (tablet krimson) she got periods in 32 days consistently for 3 months.After that doctor asked to stop the tablets and check for next 2 months.This time she got periods after 35 days.But the bleeding was little less comparitively. Initially we had a scan and the scanning report showed following. 1.Indentation in the endometrium fundal region of uterus. 2.Multiple thick peripheral follocils in centre stogma of ovaries. I would like to know if these problems are common or anything serious. We are looking to get pregnant soon.Should these problems be solved before going for pregnancy.Waiting for your help. Thank you.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

According to the scan:
-If the indentation is only involving the uterine musculature and not the cavity, she may not have any problem in pregnancy due to this.
-She is having poly cystic ovaries.
Hormonal imbalance leading to irregular periods, anovulation etc. are symptoms of PCOD. And she may be having irregular periods due to this.
As she used hormonal pills for three months possibly the hormonal imbalance can get corrected due to this.
And you observe in the net month as told by your doctor. Usually 2 to 3 days disparity is common and no need to worry.
She has to maintain ideal weight for height, has to do regular exercises and should take nutritious diet with less saturated fats.
Once her menstrual cycles become regular you can plan for pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Having irregular periods. Scan report shows indentation in the endometrium fundal region of uterus. Meaning? 15 minutes later
Hi Madam,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have couple of more questions.
Will there be any problem if we plan for pregnancy immediatly?
or do you suggest us to wait till the periods become regular.
Also, one more doubt how much stress will have affect on this.
As of now she is housewife, but she is thinking of working soon.
How much the travelling/pollution/work stress will have affect on this?
Financilly we don't need her to work.She just wants to work to pass time.
Do you suggest us take rest at home with physical activity rather than
going out and stressing mind..

Regards, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 28 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

-The problems are:
As cycles are irregular, it is difficult to track the ovulation. So the chances of pregnancies can decrease to some extent.
Sometimes anovulatory cycles can occur in PCOD.
After becoming pregnant also hormonal imbalance can lead to miscarriage.
But if carefully planned from the beginning and continue under doctor's supervision, she can overcome these problems.
-Sometimes stress can affect the hormonal levels and can lead to irregular periods.
Travelling may not affect the cycles but after becoming pregnant better to avoid long distance travelling.
If the work she choosed is less stressful and limited hours work, she can go for it.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Having irregular periods. Scan report shows indentation in the endometrium fundal region of uterus. Meaning? 10 minutes later
Thank you madam.
I am happy with your reply.
One final question.
Can you suggest me some natural food that could
improve in getting regular periods.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 7 minutes later

Actually there is no specific food for regularization of periods.
She has to take balanced nutritious diet including green leafy vegetables, milk,eggs, fruits etc. with less oil. Sufficient water intake is needed.
Better to avoid fast foods.
Regular exercise is needed to maintain normal BMI.