Having intermittent vomiting and loose motions. Blood work showed HB 7.1. Suggest

May 2013
Hi Doctor,

I am having intermittent vomiting and loosemotion.

I will tell you my history:

I married a week back,and i took some pills to stop my periods which was one day before marriage.My Hemoglobin has always been in the range of 7-10 since my childhood.But i have never had such condition before.
Recently i took a blood count and found my HB as 7.1.

Please advice me on this.

Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later

Usually progesterone pills will be taken to postpone the periods.
And they can cause nausea, vomitings as side effects. But causing loose motions is some what unusual.
You once consult gynecologist and rule out factors like:
Pelvic infection
Anemia can cause generalized weakness, but that may not be related to vomitings and motions.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.