Having infection under arm and swollen. Applying candid lotion and antibiotic lotion. No improvement. Advise?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Doctor, My son is 10 yrs. old. He has developed an infection under his arm. We have been applying Candid lotion an anti-biotic lotion but it does not seem to work. He does not get any pain or itching in the under arm but it looks as though it is swollen. Please advise.
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
photograph of lesion

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,
Swelling under the arm can be due to various reasons.

Apart from fungal infections, various other conditions like hidradenitis suppurativa,
Folliculitis etc can also cause swelling.

I would like to see a photograph of the lesion.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis,

Please upload a photograph, there is an option to do so on the right side of query page.
Waiting for your response.

Thank you

Follow-up: Having infection under arm and swollen. Applying candid lotion and antibiotic lotion. No improvement. Advise? 44 hours later
Thanks for your reply. Visited a dermatologist and got it resolved.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
you are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:
you are most welcome.