Having infection between legs, Skin peels off and itches sometimes. Suggest?

I am 24 years old girl.i an having an infection in the area between my legs.the skin is peeling off and sometimes it itches.wen underwear touches it it sometimes hurts.
Plz help
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection and eczema

Detailed Answer:
It seems like you may be having a skin condition maybe like dermatitis or eczema.
It may aggravated by a fungal infection. Often the skin peels off due to friction between the thighs.

You need to see a dermatologist to find out what kind of fungal infection it may be. Meanwhile, you need to keep it open as much as possible. You will need anti-fungal ointment and steroid for local application.

Avoid keeping it damp as it breeds infection.

Hope this information is helpful to you. Write back if you need any clarification.