Having hip pain due to which lack of sleep. Suffering from cough at night. Guide

Orthopaedic Surgeon
every time for the last 13 yrs i have not been able to sleep more than three or four hrs at night most of the time its two hrs at a time, i go to bed (does not matter what bed, i have tried several), and i wake up with this pain in my side radiading up from my hip to my chest area. I wake up and roll over and with in a few min it starts in on that side the pain gets soo bad that i have to get up. some times if i don't take some pain medication before bed and let my morning dose wear off it is impossible to lay down, i end up in my recliner and/or couch every night/morning, I hope someone can figure this out, i am going crazy not being able to get a full nights sleep for so long.
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Hallo dear friend, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
I am Dr XXXXXXX Gandhi, I am orthopedic surgeon and spine specialist.
I have studied your case.

See this kind of pain is due compression of nerve due to spinal disc bulge
Nerve compression leads radiating pain, which aggravated in particular position
Is there any weakness in your lower limb or upper limb?
You need methylcobalamine, muscle relaxant with analgesic.
Here are my suggestions to you:
Avoid lifting weights
Sit with taking support to your back
Continue spine extension exercises
Physiotherapy – SWD (Short Wave Diathermy), IFT (Interference Therapy). Please consult a physiotherapy that could help you with this.
You may need to take x XXXXXXX spine, and MRI spine to look for nerve compression.
If there is significant nerve compression then you need spinal decompression surgery.

You have to work more on reducing weight as obesity will give more pressure on you spinal muscles and vertebrae.
For weight reduction -drink lot of water, eat fresh fruits, avoid bakery items, and avoid cheese, butter. Eat sprouts, and green leafy vegetables.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Follow-up: Having hip pain due to which lack of sleep. Suffering from cough at night. Guide 21 hours later
I don't notice any weakness in any limbs. I do experiance periferal neropathy in my feet, is there any cure for that? as far as the methy...something is that the injections? or the pills? and also I weighed myself this afternoon and I am down 99lbs from last october 22nd, so i am doing something about my wieght
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Hallo dear friend

That is good sign as you dont have any weakness in limb

Tab methylcobalamine 1500mcg once in a day