Having healthy and timely food. Morning walk and cricket. Weight not in control. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
All the details has already passed. I am 33 & waight is 98. Daily Fast morning walk, Lemon juice, in breakfast Otts, lunch before 3`o clock, No any sanks in eve, 1 chapatti in night. Cricket & another phisically exercises doing. Never sit more than 15-20 min. Even thought waight not in controlled. what to do?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
It is very good that you are trying to control your weight by diet control and exercise. Since you are not getting any visible benefit from the present routine, it needs a revision.
Please maintain your daily exercise regimen and walking. In addition, you will also have to follow strict dietary modifications:

Remember, diet control is not just about how much food you restrict, rather its about how many calories you cut down. Rather than merely reducing the quantity of your intake, try taking more proportions of low carbohydrate, high fibre foods and avoid the high calorie foods.

Vegetables — Avoid vegetables that have high carbohydrate content like potatoes, peas, corns, carrots, beetroot, etc) Take more of vegetables which have more water or fibre content like cauliflower, cucumber, beans, greens, broccoli, lettuce, etc.

Fruits — Choose watery fruits like oranges, sweetlime, watermelon and papaya. Avoid dense fruits like bananas, pears, apples, pineapple, dried fruits, etc.

Cereals - Take rice for only one meal a day and substitute it with whole wheat bread, oats, corn flakes, etc.

Drinks - Take skimmed milk and lime juice. Avoid carbonated drinks, milk shakes and fruit juices (you can eat a portion of raw fruits everyday).

If you are a non-vegetarian, you can take more of fish and avoid red meat. Eat the white of the egg and avoid the yolk. Try to cook boiled or baked preparations and avoid deep fried or oily preparations.

Strictly avoid fast foods, any deep fried foods, sweet foods and carbonated drinks.

When eating, you can fill your plate with salads and vegetables, so that your stomach feels full and at the same time you don't end up taking more calories.

Follow a stricter timings for your meals and avoid time delays. Delaying your meals increases the stomach acid secretions, which will further increase your hunger levels and make you end up eating more than you intend. For example, you can follow a 'three meals and two snacks pattern' of diet. This way your intake will be more evenly spread out and you would this be avoiding overeating.

Stock your kitchen with healthy snacks like cereal / oat bars, etc., have a jar of lime juice in your fridge and clear out any sweets, chocolates or unhealthy snacks, so that whenever you have uncontrollable urges to eat in between, you'll have healthy alternatives.
Have an early dinner before 8 pm, have either roti made with wheat flour or jowar flour without oil or any preparation made out of ragi or Broken wheat along with vegetables and dal, include salads also.

Bedtime - a fruit or a glass of skimmed milk or buttermilk can be taken.

There should be a gap of 1.5 hrs- 2 hrs time interval before you go to bed, after dinner.

I would also advise you to get your BP, sugars and cholesterol checked, in order to detect any problems early itself.
Please visit your doctor to look for any medical reasons for being over weight like thyroid disorder or any other hormonal imbalance in your body.
Then visit a dietician who can plan your diet well as per your need, taste and life style.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Having healthy and timely food. Morning walk and cricket. Weight not in control. What to do? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor to send me such a good advice regarding my problem. But unfortunately i am already adhere all these practices up to approx. 90%.

From last 4-5 months i haven`t taken Rice or Rice products, Potato’s & deep fried things. Since the summers started, lots of water fruits & salads only. Giving lots of cheated to my smooch many times, only take fiber.

Yes, i m also thinking about to check my thyroid status. Plz send your prescription to check the thyroid test, will share the report with u.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
I am sorry I currently have no legal support to prescribe investigations or medicines online.
You will have to consult an endocrinologist personally and get yourself physically examined for prescription of the tests required.
Do keep me informed regarding the updates.
Hope my answer is helpful.