Having headache and back pain. Pregnancy test negative. Is there any chances of pregnancy?

My last period was 24 weeks ago, I've taken a home pregnancy test and had a negative result but have been getting aches and pains that I wouldn't link to my irregular cycle along with headaches and back pains. Is there a chance that I could be pregnant despite the negative result to a home pregnancy test?
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
If the repeated home pregnancy tests are negative then pregnancy is ruled out. But since you didn't have any periods for last 24 weeks, it is best to get an ultrasound scan of abdomen done to detect any possible pathology.
Such a delay could be due to hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, anxiety, stress, or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland. Hypothyroidism, post pill amennorhea , polycystic ovarian syndrome or less frequently a pituitary tumor causing high prolactin levels or a hypothalamic disease are other causes that may be the cause here.
Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case to find out the cause so that treatment can be given accordingly.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.