Having fungal infection on abdomen. How does it interferes with pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Having fungal infection ,Thought of going to take medicines
1.But one of my friend told if we take medicines for skin allergies ,we won't get pregnancy and if we get also baby will get skin allergies .is it true?

2.Im having fungal infection at abdomen ,suppose if im pregnant any problems at the time of cesarean

3.Is there any permanent solution for fungal infection?infection is coming and going.
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 27 minutes later

1.No, what your friend told is not true. If you get cured of the infection before delivery the chances of baby acquiring the infection are low.
2.If the infection is present at the incision site that may delay the healing and can lead to post-op infection of the wound.
2.You once consult dermatologist, get examined to find out the actual cause of the problem. And take treatment according to her advice. You have to take complete course of anti-fungal medicines and have to avoid provoking factors of recurrence to achieve permanent cure.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Having fungal infection on abdomen. How does it interferes with pregnancy? 17 minutes later
ok doctor

1. im having infection now ,any chances of getting pregnant now?will the infection effect for chances of getting pregnancy?

2.the medicines which i will take, will have any effect in chances of getting pregnancy ?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 minutes later

1. Chances of pregnancy depends on factors like whether you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation etc.
Usually superficial infection won't affect the chances of getting pregnancy.

2.Generally intake of oral anti-fungal drugs and topical creams will not affect fertility.
But if you are already pregnant you have to mention that before your doctor prescribes medicines to you.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Having fungal infection on abdomen. How does it interferes with pregnancy? 1 hour later
actually we are planning for kids ,got married on 2011 till now didn't get pregnancy

thyroid and pcod are normal only.some months i will get regular periods but sometimes not.

now im thinking like after complete cure of fungal infection ,planning to XXXXXXX the gynecologist for kids

could you please suggest me ,can i take both treatments at a time or one by one? (fungal infection and pregnancy )

If i take both treatments, is there any problem ?will infection cure and will i be pregnant?any side effects to baby?

Or
can i wait for kids till fungal infection is cured completely?
Please clarify my doubts .if i got any other doubts then how to approach you?

Can you please suggest good doctor for me in chennai,if you know anyone?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 hours later

Better to complete the treatment for fungal infection and then proceed for infertility treatment.
Because though the medicines may not affect the fertility but they may affect the fetus once you conceive.
You can ask me through the link: WWW.WWWW.WW In Chennai you can go to any of these hospitals - Apollo hospital, Egmore hospital, XXXXXXX hospital etc.