Having full evulsion fracture on ishial tuberosity. Having pain. Muscle tightens & bone fragment pulls. Treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a full evulsion fracture of the left ishial tuberosity. I have been told that I only have a 12 month window for surgical repair. The hamsting is attached above & to the fragment. I am thin & have no padding. Is there any type of treatment because it has been 3 yrs since fracture completely separated. I am in so much pain that I have contemplated suicide. (Not suicidal) I have no quality of life & am bedridden when it rains or if I overtax the muscle. Muscle tightens & bone fragment pulls away. Spasms all the way down my leg. I have been on Vicoden for 4 yrs, as well as muscle relaxers & Gabapentin. Lyrica helped but too costly. I would do anything to stop the pain.
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later

I have studied your case.

If you can provide more details about your case, I will be better able to help you, have you operated for your ischial tuberosity fracture? , is there any wound or bed sore in gluteal area?

According to your history, it seems that there is non union of ischeal tuberosity.
There are many muscles and tendons attached to ischeal tuberosity ,when you cantract muscle every time they will pull it apart.

You consult an orthopaedic surgeon for present status of ischeal tuberosity nonunion and clinical examination for any nerve compression.

When patient like you come to our clinic we advise X XXXXXXX Pelvis with both hip and if required MRI hip. You will have to continue painkiller and calcium with VIT D.

For nonunion ischeal tuberosity we do open reduction ,osteotomy of deformed fragment, tendon repair or transfer ,with bone graft and fixation with screw and plate.Post operative protocol need to be followed.
This is definately a major surgery.

For this chronic problem you need to be mentally prepared by using yoga ,music,meditation,creative art etc.

Hope I have answered your query, let me know if I can assist you further.