Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Having frequent urination and spotting after intercourse. Abnormal periods and pelvic cramping. Done with ultrasound. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
I have been having gynecological issues and need answers. It started back n March of this year with frequent urination and spotting after intercourse. A couple months later my periods started coming closer together. They were abnormal periods unlike any I have experienced. The consistency and color was not what I normally have. It was bright red with a watery consistency. This has been going on for 3 months now. Some of the additional symptoms I've experienced throughout this time have pelvic cramping throughout the month, watery yellowish discharge when I wipe (no real odor though), bad lower back pain, continued frequent urination, very fatigued, pencil stools at times, constipation, a lot of gas, frequent headaches and leg pains. I recently went to the gynecologist and had a PAP, ultrasound and bloodworm (including a CBC and to check hormonal levels). Upon her doing a pelvic exam I felt extreme pain when she put pressure on my pelvis area in which she told me the area she pushed on was my bladder. I had just emptied my bladder for the urinalysis that she had done which came back normal. I recently received the results to the above mentioned test and they are: Pap came back normal, Ultrasound showed my uterus was too thick and hormonal levels showed I had excessive estrogen and low progestrone levels. My cholesterol showed to be too high. I am 35 years old, have put on about 8 lbs within the last week although I'm eating very little. Doesn't make sense to me. I currently have a endometrial biopsy scheduled for Wed. I'd like to hear from someone that could give me feedback as to what this sounds like or that my doctor is taking the appropriate steps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
endometrial biopsy and vaginal discharge culture

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The symptoms of pelvic pain, postcoital bleeding, poor general health and hormonal imbalance point towards an inflammatory disorder in nature. Such manifestations can be due to PID-pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis or sucbmucosal fibroids or rarely genital tuberculosis.
Your Pap smear is negative so biopsy from the endometrium is appropriate.
You should get a Culture and sensitivity and Gram stain from the vaginal discharge as well.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor