Having freckle swollen with red ring following sun exposure. Help?

Someone else asked this question... but I want to hear another response. I have somewhat fair skin... but I XXXXXXX easily (occasionally burning). I have green eyes and brown hair. I am a 27yo female. Recently I have noticed that following sun exposure (I was wearing sunscreen spf 30) a freckle had become "swollen" with a red inflamed ring around it. It went away in about 48hrs. Then I had another occurrence of this on a different freckle. What is going on?! Should I be worries? Bc I am. I am making an appt tomorrow morning... but if someone could help put my mind at ease til then so I can sleep... that would be amazing!!!
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 43 minutes later

You mentioned fair skin and green eyes.
Both suggest that your body has low melanin.

Melanin pigment gives color to our body as well as protect us from sun light.

The swelling of freckle is just a sun burn.
30 spf sun screen is good for wheatish complexion people.
You seem to be very fair, so you must use 50 spf sun screen.

One more impotant thing is that sun screen must be applied at least half an hour before going in sun light, and no sun screen gives protection for more than 2 hours.

Regarding your worries, I know you must be thinking of melanoma or some other cancerous condition.
Just relax cancers dont present as sudden burn in freckle.

Hope this gives you a good sleep :)

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Follow-up: Having freckle swollen with red ring following sun exposure. Help? 4 minutes later
You're right... I began doing the dreaded google search and everything that came up was terrifying! I absolutely appreciate the response. I will certainly sleep easier! I think I will still keep the appointment, though! Yikes!
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 minutes later
I am happy, I could help you.
Ya please keep the appointment.
At least you can get a cream for the burn, and also a good sun screen available in your country.

Thank you