Having fever, cold and headache. Passing worm or mucous in stool. Required treatment?

Jan 2013

i've been having worm like stool mucousy sometimes just hanging there that i have to pull on it ... strange it's just dangling there ???? brown in color feeling generally unwell past two weeks
fever, chills headaches ......
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 39 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have spasmodic abdominal pain/ frequent urge to use washroom/ fatigue/ weakness?
Is the stools are very foul smelling in nature?
Are you feeling weakness and fatigue?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of acute bacterial gastroenteritis.
Presence of fever, unwell feeling, headache and change in consistency of stools suggest the diagnosis.
Diagnosis can be confirmed if other symptoms such as spasmodic abdominal pain, weakness and foul smelling stools are also present.
Gastrointestinal infections may change normal commensal microflora of gut with change in consistency of stool with excessive mucous discharge.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should take complete antibiotic therapy, probiotics, and antispasmodics.
You should avoid milk and all milk related products such as butter, cheese, yogurt.
You should also go for complete blood count, thyroid profile (as you are known case of Grave's disease), stool routine microscopic examination.
Sudden exacerbation of thyroid status may also cause fever and change in consistency of stool.
Take potassium XXXXXXX diet such as banana and juices.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Having fever, cold and headache. Passing worm or mucous in stool. Required treatment? 44 minutes later
what brought me to emerg this friday was the brutal frontal headache pain behind my eyes & the stiff neck pain that would make me up at night and that would kind of ease off while up c/o dizziness & feeling generally unwell . The doctor prescribed me amoxillin 500mg TID (SINUSITIS) ???
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 7 minutes later
There may be chances of sinusitis and it can better be judged on clinical basis by treating doctor.
Change in consistency could be due to use of Amoxycillin.
You should take probiotics along with prescribed medicines by your treating doctor.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava