Having erectile dysfunction. Prescribed with penegra express 50. Could it be cured?

I am male aged 54 yrs.For the last 2-3 yre I had this erectile dysfunction.It was not so serious. But for the last one year more particularly for the last 6 months it is so acute.Ocassionally once in a month it gets erected but dont last for long.I had been to a urologist but he prescribed penegra express 50 on alternative days. I did not take it for someone said it has side effects on heart. Healthwise I am ok, no BP, sugar at border,cholesterol at 180, weighing 78 kgs, height 5 ft 11 inches.My wife doesn,t have interest, even when she has I am unable. even it erects XXXXXXX t last long. Pl. advise me.I have read in papers that on counselling doctors has said that this erectile dysfunction can be cured. That is why I am asking your help.
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 24 minutes later
The lack of proper erection or inability to sustain it is called erectile dysfunction.
There are many causes for this- psychological stress, performance anxiety, day to day life stress, dislike for the partner, fatigue, side effects from drugs, diabetes, neuropathies, local problem, hormonal imbalance etc.
It is important to know if you are having any personal discord, what are your expectations about sex, how much you are staying, You are a borderline diabetic, Whether also taking anti-hypertensives called nitrates, and lastly a 54 yrs age is not more for men, it is as good as 18, there must be some other problem which is hampering your hardness.
With the information you have provided,I think you can use the ED drugs without problems if you are not on medicines called nitrates which are cardiac drugs having significant interaction with ED drugs.
Please put a follow up query giving more information on these details so that I can fine tune my opinion.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Having erectile dysfunction. Prescribed with penegra express 50. Could it be cured? 1 hour later
Hello Sir,

The reasons you have attributed I have read in internet.Regarding psychological problem I have lost sizeable amount in stockmarkets.Since 2008 I have been investing in stockmarkets and have lost app.25 lakhs.I used to play in F&O and on each transactions losses are of the order of 5-10 lakhs.For the last one year I am not trading at all.But I have the anxiety to get back all the money from stock market.Because I have failed that may be the reason.But I am ok now.I feel that won,t interfere in my erection.I am not taking drugs,I XXXXXXX t have diabetes,no dislike for the partner,no day to day stress,no fatigue.I learnt that with stress and with ageing,even though I am 54 I look like 40 yrsold, testasterone level decreases.I had BPH and I took medications for it.It was an year back.Pl. let me know it is better to take penagra express 50 or tablets for testesterone level increasing tablets.What is suitable for me to have instant erection as it was earlier.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
I must accept that you are more courageous then me, the whopping amount of money you have lost is enormous cause for anxiety.
i am not economist but I have learnt from my friends that stock markets are riskiest investments, the behavior of impulsive buying and stress selling and that too in F&O is a horrible thing to do, it leads to rapid loss of money almost 5times than a cash buyer will suffer.
You should avoid this. if you have less experience and always losing the money still want to invest to earn is like a state of pathological gambling.
You can earn from stock markets through SIP of good mutual funds or regular investment in the NIFTY 50 companies that too in time tested companies.
it is good that you have left the habit.
i do not think you need testosterone.
You should get yourself checked for the fitness to take ED medicine, they check your BP and heart rate and may also do an ECG.
another important thing is that the ED drugs are not to be taken on regular schedule but only when required for sexual activity. It should be taken 1 hour prior to sexual intercourse for best results.
the BPH drug is not causing any effect now because you have stopped them a year back.
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Having erectile dysfunction. Prescribed with penegra express 50. Could it be cured? 17 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your advice.I will stick to what you have advised.You have adviced not to go for testasterone tablets.Y ou said for erection age 54 and 18 are one and the same.You said ED drugs are to be taken each time before to sexual intercourse.I just wanted to know whether I can not regain that erousal with other mode than taking ED drugs.I cannot regain it naturally.What to be done for that.

With Regards,

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 23 minutes later
The best way is to restore the the normal levels of health and cure the disease.
mostly that is our expectation which can not be fulfilled.
it needs best condition- balanced diets, daily exercises in tight routine that is aerobic exercise 30-60 min at least 5 days a week, avoid pollution and stress.....
You can understand obtaining all this is next to impossible.
as the years pass our body systems start aging and their physiological reserve gets worn out. So you may not get that strength back that you once had but still with help of medication you can achieve satisfactory levels now and when with all the natural things in place when you make up fully you can discontinue the medicine.
But please do not expect the magical potion that is fancifully thought to be equivalent to a time machine and by having this Natural Gulp once one can get in to best of the health....... All such imaginations are mirage.... this is real world and it's problems are also real so do not think of dream solutions. Even if a natural way out can work it will not come without physical toil and discipline.
Wish you a great health!