Having dull pain near breast bone. Feeling gas in stomach and also bloated. Could it be a problem with gall bladder?

Hi, I am a 32 year old female with no health problems until this. I weigh 176 lbs at 5ft 6in. About three weeks ago I was admitted to the hospital with acute pancreatitis. My lipase levels were high at 330. Had a ultrasound (no gallstones) and CT Scan (which was normal). Had a HIDA scan this week and the results were that my gallbladder is functioning at 39.5%. When they injected the CCK for the HIDA scan it produced the exact same symptoms that I am having. So my question is ever since I got out of the hospital I still have this dull aching pain in my stomach below my breastbone and along the right side and in my back between the shoulder blades. I am eating very small meals and which contain basically no fat and after i eat i get this horrible indigestion/gas feeling in my stomach, sternum and throat. It all just feels very bloated. I also have what I think feel like hunger pains all the time whether I have eaten anything or not. Could this still be my gallbladder?
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 11 hours later
Hello! XXXXXXX Thanks for putting query in XXXXXXX I am a Gatroenetrologist (DM)

Your symptoms fo indigestion, bloating in stomach feeling discomfort in sternum and throat may be due to acid peptic disease and reflux. However pain in in right side of abdomen and back and especially if it is radiating to shoulder blades suggest that there is some gallbladder pathology. Ejection fraction of gallbladder is normal, but reappearance of the symptoms after CCK injection suggest there is something wrong in gallbladder. As CCK injection leads to contraction of gallbladder in the same manner as it happens after taking meals.

So I may suggest that give a trial of proton pump inhibitor and a prokinetic agent like domperidone and Tab Gasex by Himalaya for a week if not improved then you may discuss with your doctor regarding GB pathology

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.