Having discomfort in pelvic region. Pain till anal region. Pain in buttocks, Femur bone, thigh and knee joint. what can this be?

Nov 2013

I have discomfort / little pain in the right pelvic region to the side of right testicle (I have no pain in testicles) and it is elevating down to the Anus region. I feel like a nerve from pelvic region to Anus is getting stretched.

I have discomfort/ little pain in right waist area and the pain is elevating down to whole of my right leg. My buttocks, Femur bone, thigh and right knee joint is paining.

Let me know what this could be?

Any Suggestions.

Expecting a reply as early as possible.
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for posting your query.

I agree with you that your symptoms are suggestive of pain due to a nerve involvement.
There are lumbar and sacral nerves that arise in the lower back area, which travel to groin, pelvic area, buttocks, thighs, legs, feet, etc.
If there is a problem in the lower most part of the spine, such as disc prolapse, infection, tumor, etc, then these nerves get compressed/stretched, leading to pain, tingling, burning, etc.
The diagnosis can be made by doing an MRI scan of lumbo-sacral spine.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: