Having constant itching on upper back while sleeping. Have chronic hives, no swelling but with tiny bumps. Suggestions?

My upper back itches constantly, even while i am sleeping. I have tried "different" lotions just incase it is dry skin, but it seams to be getting worse. I have chronic hives, but there is no swelling of any sort to make me think it is hives. My skin has little tin, tiny bumps. What do you suggest?
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am Dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

Based from the information provided, it seems that you are allergic to some thing like a fabric, jewelry or any recent changes is diet component.

Here is what will help you to get better soon.

1) over the counter "Benadryl Itch Stopping Cream" (available at cvs/walgreens/ walmart) will help, as it contains antiallergic medication as compare to lotions which only moisturizes the body.

2) look for any recent changes in clothing material/ jewelry or any diet change and avoid their contact will help to get rid of allergy for ever to that substance.

Please feel free to contact me in case of further concern/ clarification of any kind.