Having cholesterol. Changed diet. Suggest the cure?

if my cholesterol was 5 to 1 one month ago and I did a total change of diet; nuts, oats, fruits, veggies, beans and milk. how long before my cholesterol level would reverse?
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it normally takes 2 to 3 months

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Lifestyle changes such as a change in diet and increase in activity levels can result in changes by 2 to 3 months .
Intensive changes can potentially change the cholesterol levels by 20 to 40 % from the original values.

In addition to the dietary changes, it is normally advised to exercise at least 150 minutes a week. This should be at least 5 times a week.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions