Having chest pain and pain below navel on both sides. Looking for relief

I have pain just below my navel on both sides. It seems to give me chest pain at the same time.
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 59 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

Lower abdominal pain is more common in women than in men because in addition to the urinary bladder, blood vessels, bowels which both sexes have; women have the uterus, upper cervix, vagina, and parts of the fallopian tubes located in that region.

Let me help you by listing some of the most common conditions that could cause this presentation:
-Pelvic inflammatory disease
-Menstrual pain (unlikely due to your age)
-Miscarriage (unlikely)
-Adhesions (if history of abdominal surgeries)
-Bowel irregularities (eg. trapped intestinal gas, constipation, gastrointestinal tract irritation due to conditions like lactose intolerance, etc.)
-Bladder tumors/cancers
-Endometrial cancer
-Ruptures abdominal aneurysm

You will have to visit the doctor to find the exact cause. You have not mentioned the duration of this pain.

Although lower abdominal pain along with chest pain could be an indication of trapped gas, this will have to be confirmed. A visit to your doctor will ensure this.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.