Having belly fat after delivery. Suggest some medicine without any side effects to reduce belly fat

hi doctor....
am 30 years old....height 5.4 inches, weight 64 problem is...i hav got a belly fat after my second delivery 6 years back....form then it is not reducing measures 84 cms....i wanted to reduce the belly fat completely and wanted to have flat and attractive stomach..
i have beens doing morning ercercises,abs in the morning for 30 min....also yoga/swimming in the evening, all these since 10 years. Aam eating limited rice in afternoon and chapathis in night and breakfast in the morning and no other snacks. But still not able to reduce the belly fat completely.
please suggest me how to reduce...or is there any it good to use tablets?any side effects? or suggest me any other alternative....please doctor. help me main problem is belly fat only. Thanks in advance.
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
As far as the diet is concerned, I think you should be looking at a well balanced diet with plenty of vegetables. Including 5-10 nuts in your daily regimen should also help. Although there are several medications available, they are not required for a person of your height and weight since they have several side effects as well. One of them is Orlistat which damages the liver and is only given for people who are extremely overweight.
To reduce belly fat, keep the following things in mind:
a. Have small frequent meals every 3-4 hours
b. Have an early dinner, preferably by 7:30 pm
c. Avoid rice, potatoes in dinner
d. Also have a heavy breakfast. Dinner should be your lightest meal
e. We should also be looking at your thyroid levels. I would like to know whether they are in control.
f. For the exercise, kapalbhati pranayama should be done for 10-15 minutes a day. Also, swimming should be for 40-45 minutes daily. We should also be looking at bicycle crunches, leg raises, captain's chair, exercise ball crunches, the plank pose and vertical leg crunches. These can be done under the supervision of a physiotherapist or a gym trainer.
Hope this helps
Let me know if I can address any more concerns