Having back pain and missing periods for few month. What could be causing this?

Dec 2012

Hi my problem is that i dont have periods for about 3 month now,,i have pain in my back and front,,i dont sleep please help,,am not pregnant thank you
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 31 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query,

It seems to me that you are presenting with a typical case of secondary amenorrhea ( the absence of menses due to an underlying diseases condition) is often caused by hormonal imbalance. This type of amenorrhea is often caused by pregnancy but since you already say you are not pregnant (and I wish you make sure you are not pregnant by going to the hospital and get examined with ultrasound and measurement of beta hCG levels in blood) I will be looking at the other causes such as intrauterine adhesions (Asherman's syndrome), anovulation ( condition in which ovules are not released from the ovary), PCOS, drug-induced, hypothalamic related disorders such as exercise amenorrhea, stress, eating disorders, weight loss (obesity etc).
Each of the various possible causes of seconardy amenorrhea need to be reviewed and exclude by a obgyn.
Ones the appropriate cause is determined, treatment will follow.
Treatment strongly depends on the underlying condition and might surgical correction or hormonal therapy with oestrogen etc.

You will need to consult with a obgyn.

Hope this was helpful and let me know if you are ok with the answer.
Dr Nsah