Having anemia, vitamin D defiency and rosecea. Feeling dizzy and abdominal pain. Any treatment?

I have anemia, vitamin D defiency and rosecea. Also my hands arms and face goes beetroot coulours and with that i feel cold and dizzy. I am also very depressed. I often have abdominal pain. I am worrid about blood cancer particularly cll. I also have lesions that grow around my virgina. can become sore and crusty. These lesions come and go though. Extremely tired and i am very weak. Often have colds and other infections. What do you think? I am currently waiting for results of skin biopsy results for a rash ive been getting on my leg which is like hives almost like bed bug bites.
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Vitamins
Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 hours later

I see you have already been diagnosed with a few medical condition including anemia and rosacea.

Few of the symptoms you have can be explained by these conditions. To match them,
- Hands and face becoming beetroot coloured or simply flushing of face and hand is a common symptoms of Rosacea.
- Dizziness, tiredness, weakness and feeling cold during these episodes may be related to the vascular event associated with rosacea contributed by anemia.

Depression and stress are the next factors playing an important role in all the occurrence of all these symptoms. I hope this is being managed by a competent psychiatrist.

After significant research and curb side consult with dermatologist and gynaecologist, I am unable to associate recurring genital lesions to your existing medical condition. These lesions can range from something sinister to concerning herpes. It needs to be evaluated with proper examination and microscopic studies. Your gynaecologist can tailor the evaluation process.

Lastly and the most important whether this is related to CLL; weakness, tiredness, anemia and recurring flu infections can be a feature of leukemia but not sufficient enough to diagnose you. In the background of anemia, vitamin D deficiency and depression, none of the described symptoms brings a strong suspicion of leukemia to me. Discuss with your treating physician. A bone marrow aspiration is entailed if the symptoms on clinical examination seem worse and not proportional to the already existing conditions.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have further concerns.