Is burning chest pain during exertion related rotated disc in neck?

I am a 57 yr old female with burning chest pain upon exertion . When walking fast with arms hanging at my side.also both arms have pain. Could this be related to a rotated disc in my neck? Also muscle cramps I'm legs. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Disc conditions needs tests to confirm. Detailed Answer: Hello and thanks for your query. I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions. Your symptoms do not likely indicate a spinal disc condition. In my experience, with your short history here - I would like to have the following possibilities. Vitamin D deficiency is one of my primary doubts for you - along with Calcium too. Combined or individual deficiency does cause symptoms of pains and cramps around the body. Burning chest pain needs a little elaboration to be sure it is not related to the heart. An ECG would obviously be needed initially to ascertain this. The caffeinated drink does cause certain burning issues in the gut especially with soda. So, I would recommend at this stage to stay off such drinks of dubious energy value. You might see for other better alternatives like fruit juices or the likes for the same effect. Ulcer history does have a inkling for GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease) which is the other possibility. This also mandates tests before specific treatment and dietary modifications. Spinal disc condition are of various grades and symptoms vary in severity. If your pains deteriorate rapidly then it will time to have a complete review for the cause. Till then, the above possibilities should be eliminated one by one. Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question. Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions. Sincerely, Dr Sujeet, MBBS, MD. Consultant Physician.