Having abdominal pain and frequent urination problem. Had urine test. Does the report indicate any abnormality?

General Surgeon
Question
MY DAUGHTER'S AGE IS 07 YEAR, AND HER URINE MICROSCOPICAL RESULT IS QUENTITY-50 ML, APPREARANCE- HAZY, COLOUR- STRAW, SEDIMENT- PRESENT, REACTION- ACIDIC, ALBUMIN- TRACE, BILE SALT- ABSENT, BILE PIGMENT- NEGATIVE, URINE SUGER- NIL, PHOSPHATES- NIL, BLOOD TEST- NEGATIVE, PUS CELL-50/H.O.P.E, R.B.C -3/H.O.P.E, EPITHELIAL- FEW/ H.O.P.E, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IS PROBLEM ???? ALSO THE TEST REPORT OF SERUM TSH3: 5.720 uIU/ml SYMPTOMS: PAIN IN LOWER ABDOMINAL AND GET FILL URINAL AT FREQUINTLY TIME. PLEASE TOLD ME WHAT IS THE PROBLEM???
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: consistent with diagnosis of Urinary tract infecti Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for your query. The clinical symptoms of lower abdomen pain and presence of pus cells in Urine are consistent with the diagnosis of Urinary tract infection. If it is first time if she is presenting with such symptoms and there is no Fever she will not require further workup. She will respond to Antibiotics and drinking plenty of oral fluids. The symptoms of increased frequency of urination will subside once the infection is cleared. I would also suggest to get Urine Culture and Sensitivity of antibiotic done, in order to know the bacteria causing the infection and also to change the antibiotic According to culture report if there is no improvement after starting appropriate antibiotic for more than 48hours. I usually treat my patients by starting them empirically on Ciprofloxaxin and at same time sending the urine for culture before first dose of antibiotic is given. I hope I have cleared your doubts. In case you have any other query Kindly get back to me. Take care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Pediatric Surgeon