Having a very very low sex drive. What can I do to get my sex drive back?

i have a very very low sex drive at the moment and its starting to affect my marriage. i have zero interest in sex and could happily go without while my husband can't. its not my husband i would have zero interest in having sex with anyone! this is something that has become apprant over the years. we have children and now my husband has had vasectomy done i know that its affecting me sex wise too as i would happily have more kids and now that i know i can't get pregnant i feel no interest in sex at all. even b4 he had vasectomy i would still have no interest in sex and i would like to get things back on track as otherwise our marriage is gr8 and i fele this is a big thing for him to go without and i wish i could do more but i fell no desire too. what can i do to get my sex drive back? thanks
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 5 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

It does not sound like his vasectomy is actually playing as big of a role as you indicate because the problem was present before the vasectomy as well. This is a common complaint in GYN offices, and difficult to treat. Here is what should be discussed and ruled out:

1. If you are still on birth control for non-contraceptive reasons, this must be stopped
2. You must be evaluated for thyroid disease
3. If there is any concern regarding depression, openly discuss this with your doctor. You might have some indication if you were treated or suffered from post-partum depression.
4. If there are any issues of pain with intercourse, these must be discussed with your OB/GYN
5. While it does not sound like the case, if there are any relationship issues, ask for a referral to a psychologist

This is where I normally start with a patient. It starts with the visit to your OB/GYN, and in some cases, an actual underlying cause is identified.

I hope this answered your question. If you have additional questions, please ask. If we are finished, please leave feedback for me! Good luck!!